i am officially jealous.
starting next month, Mel will be our cameraman.
and i wanna kill myself. i wanna go back to going on coverages and not be stuck in the office effin GROUNDED. what am i, 5?
Friday, October 24, 2008
i am officially jealous.
Posted by Jane Lu at 12:25 AM
Sunday, October 19, 2008
i'm zeriously scared. i think i broke our office's DVCam. i inserted a tape in it yesterday to rewind so i could shotlist. and then horror of horrors, it begins to go on the fritz. as in, the friggin tape won't get ejected. Rely says it might be cuz the tape inside snapped, the guy manning the Custodian office at ABS said it might be cuz the office is cold and the camera might have gotten moist inside, and the guys at maintenance apparently are stupid and don't know anything (literally they said they didn't know what to do). WHAT SHOULD I DO???
in other news, Nix, Adi and Brian just left for CamSur, the lucky bastards. i hope they bring me back some goodies. otherwise i'll eat their heads off.
i know i'm kinda on a lag with the latest music, but i'd just like to share that i am totally in love with a song by The Script called The Man Who Can't Be Moved. it's just so sad and about a guy who won't move from a street corner until the girl he's in love with comes back for him when she decides she loves him after all. okay, kind of creepy the way i relay it, but the sentiment is so touching and the song gives me those "aaaw" feelings. :D i've been listening to it nonstop since Friday :D
i also got my hair cut today. Jamie is so gonna kill me because she's been away on all these coverages for EC, and hasn't had time to get a haircut when she really wants to, and i was... well it wasn't in my plans to get a haircut. i wanted to get my eyebrows waxed though but i still haven't. but whee! it's a lot shorter now, like a year's worth of hair was cut (well, maybe half a year's) and it's sort of layered now. :) but i like it and it's got the nikki seal of approval so i'm doubly proud that i got it cut. haha now to get my 'brows waxed.
what's a good planner to get for next year? i'm torn between the new belle de jour and a starbucks one. or i could get a generic loser one straight from natio and "glam it up" (har as if i had the time or the strength). or ooh, one of those arty-farty ones you can get from Fully Booked. hmm...
i'm looking back at the year that is about to end, and... i guess what i'd really like to say is that a lot has changed. not to be miss ignorant or petty or anything, but man has the world changed, and as citizens of the world, i see everyone around me changing as well. not to say that i never thought change was possible, but the magnitude of change in my life and in the other lives i see as well is really big, sometimes great, sometimes not so. para bang andami nating lahat na napgdaanan. i don't know exactly how to describe what i'm thinking though so if it's vague... well, i think i'll just leave it for until my end of the year blog special. :)
i'm done blogging for the night/week/month/year. :D so good night!
Posted by Jane Lu at 11:47 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I've been feeling awfully drained lately. it seems like everywhere i turn, there is an opportunity for a fresh set of complaints, and grabe, i so do not want to become negative. i've been down that road before and it's not pretty. so instead of clinging on to negative thoughts, today i shall think happy thoughts! focus on the positive, as they say.
- like the fact that i already have half the money i need for the digicam saved up (more than what i originally projected over the course of 3 paydays) so hopefully talaga by November i get to buy it na from TP in time for Christmas!!
- or the fact that after that, i have resolved to start saving up for a laptop, just so i don't keep whining about how i don't have one
- i was able to coordinate all of the EC coverages today! :D
- i found a more efficient way to transcribe and as soon as i get a laptop (hopefully by December, my very own Christmas gift to myself), i shall definitely be spending more time in the newsroom :D
- that allowance thing anne and i have resolved to keep ourselves on definitely works! sure i deviate now and again, but i am really able to save now and i'm so happy! :D
- i was able to download a boatload of new songs over the weekend and am now in the process of organizing my iPod into little playlists para fun!
Posted by Jane Lu at 12:32 AM
Saturday, October 11, 2008
i am so glad i got to spend my whole day at home just being a total slob. sure i should have cleaned my room a bit (a lot) but for my first saturday at home in a really long time (and i think my last one in for a really long time afterward), i just wanted to CHILL and be... well, a slob. hahaha
although inasmuch as i loved being at home, i kinda miss the office. please don't bonk me in the head for that. haha! i guess i just miss the not needing to do anything at all for a whole day. but, heh whatever i still lurve being at home. cuz next saturday we'll be swamped with work. grar.
i was able to download a LOT of music today and my basic task for the day was just to reorganize my crazy full iPod. i had to delete quite a few songs to make room for the new ones, and it sorta breaks my heart sometimes, because it's getting to a point where i actually LIKE all the songs in my iPod as opposed to before where i just sorta cram everything in there because there's too much space to fill. now, i have a mental battle in my head over all the songs. like: "do you really listen to this song? how many times have you skipped over it? yeah you listen to that song when you're (insert mood here) but when was the last time you LISTENED to it?" yeah, i was that sort of bored.
i also added a new playlist, called covers+oldies where i put all the music that were covers or old songs, and 82 out of my 676 songs fits into that category. well,mostly cuz i got acquainted with Boyce Avenue a couple of months back and i decided to download some of their stuff today. i also got some songs from the Gap Favorite Songs album (i super recommend John Legend's 'Hello, It's Me' and Jason Mraz's 'One Love')
i also erased my dance playlist because it hasn't been updated in a while. i like to do that, actually. delete my playlists and start over again. it gives me "something to do". hahahaha but now i have an empty playlist. ah well.
i really should make a commuting playlist though. hehe and a while-you're-bored-at-the-office one.
i have recently opened a Plurk account, broadening my web obsession by one more site. here's hoping i still get some sort of work done. hahaha
so now i'm rambling, so i'm off to bed. good night! :D
Posted by Jane Lu at 11:03 PM
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
i am old.
i now freely admit that. heck, i shall embrace the fact that at 23, i am considered old. decrepit, shall we say (i kid, of course). at parties, i am the one griping on and on about work and am the one being constantly asked about work.
heck, even tin's boyfriend thought i was the eldest based solely on the fact that by the last clumtards reunion/drink night, i was the only one with a job. (but hey achi denise now has a job too, which means she is older than i am. forever. mwahahaha)
this fact driven home on Sept21, where i lament at my lola and dad's birthday party about the fact that everyone has a sembreak, and i DO NOT. so while they are planning on where they will go for sembreak, i go and say: "so kids (!!!), lubus-lubusin nyo na ang mga bakasyon nyo dahil pag-nagtrabaho na kayo wala na yan lahat. ever."
this. line. came. from. me. from out of nowhere. and of course every college-aged person there laugh their asses off coz the line came from me, ms.-i-bummed-for-ten-months-coz-i-was-too-lazy-to-look-for-a-real-job.
i think i need to bum again. just so we have our priorities straight, which is luj>family>work. HAHAHAHAHAHA
i loooved hangin out with my college friends cuz the last time i hung out with any of them was about 6 or 5 months ago (i don't remember when sar and i hung out last but she maintains it was later than march so, ok) we got together cuz of the bonfire and it was pretty fun! i spend all this time at work with my officemates, and by now i'm sure the people who know me a tad better to call me friend rather than acquaintance would know that i have a tendency to "forget" old friends when moving into "new" worlds. anyway, so i spend all my time with them, and my whole world now is the office (and of course the people i can't "forget", my family) and wala lang it was so nice to catch up with all my old friends. i got to meet so many of the ones i've amassed over the years,and you know, nostalgia kicks in.
and i present to you, my friends, yet another reason why i am old. because when you are old, nostalgia kicks in. when you are young you do not lament over time passed. when you are old, you huddle up in a corner with friends and go: where has the time gone? when i saw you last (insert witty remark/lament/insult/compliment here). and then you go around telling people I MISS YOU GUYS! we should do this more often and hug everyone like you haven't seen them for ten years and they (or you) are about to die.
and yet there are still just some things that click, y'know? like the fact that after 1 1/2 years since college, everyone is different and yet still the same. the same old jokes revisited, the same old people to tsismis about... but with new material, of course. it's comforting to know i still have friends outside of work, even though Lord only knows why i have friends, period on account of i'm such a b-word.
okay, time for this old lady to check herself into bed. g'night now ;-)
Posted by Jane Lu at 11:49 PM
Monday, September 29, 2008
it's just that i'm so sick of you. sure we get along most of the time, but when you treat me like an infant i just want to strangle you until i don't have to worry about hearing from you ever again.
if i could resign just so i don't have to work with you, believe me i really would, it's just it's really bad timing right now. ugh.
Posted by Jane Lu at 9:14 PM
Sunday, September 28, 2008
i was in the office, cheering with several other Ateneans and fans who couldn't get away from work. hahaha
ok, this post is probably 3 days too late. but i'm still happy to report that i went from sporting an indifferent attitude towards sports in general and basketball to be specific, to actually watching the final 2 games of the season and screaming my lungs out, although i did watch game 1 at home (with a bunch of screaming fans - my family) and again, game 2 at the office (with a bunch of raving lunatics. okay that mostly described me. haha)
all i can say is the ateneo community in the office makes up for a huge chunk of the people. you realize this on occasions like this, when work seems to stop and all the televisions in the newsroom, usually tuned to different channels for monitoring and are thus on mute to prevent disruption of work, are almost all now tuned to studio 23 for the live telecast. the eruption of cheers as the final buzzer sounds... priceless. it's a helluva lot better than watching alone, i tell ya. and in my opinion, i think the third best place to watch an ADMU-DLSU game is at this office (third to actually being in araneta and in school). (plus for the lulz, one anchor actually asked us: so kailan ang next game? um, tapos na. champion na ang ateneo. hahaha)
funny that the school spirit bug finally bit me after i actually graduate from school. oh well, see y'all at the bonfire! ;-)
i actually miss being in school. i wish i could be there to bask in the glory of knowing we are the champions. it's days like those (and when i'm swamped with work) that i wish i were still a student :-) pag-uusapan talaga yan for days on end eh, the "where were you when we won?" questions, the "next season ulit!" comments... haha whereas sa office, back to work kami mga 5 minutes after. well, except for me and jamie, who felt the need to go apeshit and actually chant the school song with fist raised through the hallways of the office. and i, being the good friend that i am, walked along and laughed at her. hahahahahaha!
so where were you when we won? :-)
Posted by Jane Lu at 6:06 PM
Thursday, September 25, 2008
... and, we're back!
Fall TV is the best TV in all the world, just wanted to resurrect my dead blog here with that thought. haha
so what have i been watching?
- Project Runway - ooh can't wait to see who gets Auf'd next
- Project Runway Philippines - purely for the Phillip Tampus LOL-worthy english moments. choz of course for the fashion, what else? haha and my heart breaks for the way that my all-time favorite, Ivan, was super mourned over last ep :D
- Gossip Girl - OMGWTFBBQ HAPPENED??
- One Tree Hill - see above. hahaha and omg my first bawl of the season courtesy of this show. as in from start to finish of ep 3 i was crying like a crazy girl in front of the laptop at 1 in the morning. i'd like to blame it on the hormones, but that episode was really something.
- House - such a big 'awww' season premiere, really. oh, and cool medical case. currently downloading ep2
- How I Met Your Mother - (!!!!!!!!!) OOOOOOOOOOOOOMG!!!!! yun lang. hahaha
- Heroes - i read the recap of this episode before i actually watched it. but i have to say it was so weird to see it all played out. but i have to admit i am losing my interest in this show. :( as in, i was playing freecell (a fairly new addiction) and IM-ing mervin and sarah while watching
oh, and i'm waiting for these to air, too:
- Grey's Anatomy
- Pushing Daisies
- Private Practice
- Samantha Who?
- Dollhouse, which will begin midseason and is a new Joss Whedon creation starring Eliza Dushku :D should be fun!
i also want to watch these shows but have absolutely no more time:
- Lipstick Jungle - for the Kirby Love. rar he so hot! haha
- Boston Legal
suffice to say i have no social life. which, oddly is cool with me. at least i don't have to spend so much to have a good time. haha
Posted by Jane Lu at 5:36 AM
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I am immensely bored with my job. i have recently been restricted to an office-bound type of work because of certain happenings, and it's really annoying. on the one hand i am grateful that at least my work isn't tied up to constant pull outs at weird hours of the morning so i don't have to go to the office as early anymore, but seeing my co-workers go out on shoots make me feel a teensy bit- okay a lot- jealous. i wish it were me. i wish i could still have the privilege of going out to coverages. and I WISH I WEREN'T STUCK IN THE OFFICE where i certainly am annoying everyone with my constant whining about how bored i am.
Posted by Jane Lu at 11:58 PM
Saturday, September 13, 2008
and again i am faced with the same dilemma that i always face when things are starting to be too much, which is answering the question: When is it enough?
i am surviving, like i always do. but you so know i'll keep hanging on until they decide not to keep me anymore. it will be their choice, not mine, no matter how much earlier i decide i can't take any more. just like old times.
it is always the same story, i think. the same vicious cycle. of you having to prove yourself. people approving. you making mistakes, them beginning to make up stories about you to the point where you are asked to leave without having a chance to clearly explain yourself. rinse, lather and repeat. only this time, it really will be part of my resume.
some days i wish i can just live under a rock, or actually BE a rock just so i don't have to deal with messy relationships that clearly will lead to nowhere in no time.
the holiday season is fast approaching, and i'm so excited :) it will be my first Christmas as a (hopefully this will still be true) gainfully employed person, and i am looking forward to all the fun i will be having (regardless of whether or not i am employed. hahaha)
you know how i love watching stuff to get music to listen to? well, i watched the first two episodes of the new season of Gossip Girl, and there was this scene in the first episode where Blair gets down from the jitney and Chuck is waiting for her. cue emo music. cue my brain working on overdrive because i absolutely friggin love the song now. so if you loved the song like i did, the song is by a punk band called Motion City Soundtrack, and the track is called Fell In Love Without You, the acoustic version. i so love the refrain which goes:
In memory of what we used to call in love
Only time will tell, if violins will swell
In memory of what we used to call in love.
Okay, back to work for me!
P.S. to everyone who watches Project Runway USA, is anyone else as annoyed by Kenley as I am? that girl is so full of herself! and as for the Philippine version, i loved how Rajo was turning bright red with rage this week cuz of Eli's superfantabulous mess of a dress. hahahahaha
Posted by Jane Lu at 9:42 AM
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
my allergies are killing me. figuratively, of course. unless it's possible to die from sneezing too much. wait. that IS possible, isn't it? ah, crud. whatever.
i'm currently listening to this artist i picked up on while browsing through books at Fully Booked in Greenhills. her name is Marie Digby and the album is entitled "Unfold". Her voice kinda sounds like Mandy Moore, but the melodies in her songs are really great, in my opinion. it's sort of like an album actually, that you can listen to while you're sleeping, because there's a very relaxed feel to her songs.
speaking of music, i was on my way to the office a while ago and i was thinking about the whole lyrics vs. melody debate i read about in a magazine somewhere a few months back (yes, people. that is how obsessive and random my mind is). i realize that for me, although lyrics do have some weight when i decide what to listen to, sometimes a great melody overrides crappy lyrics (hence the reason why i actually like "No Air" by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown despite the fact that my officemates totally hate the song). A good and haunting melody, especially, grips me so much that sometimes i forget to listen to the lyrics altogether until a few repeats after.
my perennial favorite (at least for now) with haunting melody is Five For Fighting's "Dying". despite the fact that it's by a cheesy artist, i still really love it. but i do admit that i now listen to it because of the words that have been crafted with the melody. haunting melody+haunting lyrics= one heck of a great song. haha
another song that i've liked for the better part of the year now has been The Fray's Vienna. now this is the classic example of what i mean when i say i don't listen for the lyrics, because up until now, i don't know what they're singing in that track, i just like chilling out to the beautiful melody of the song.
and why am i blogging about music at 12:30 at midnight? i don't know. i'm too keyed up to sleep for some reason, despite the fact that i've been awake since 7-ish in the morning.
Posted by Jane Lu at 12:10 AM
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I am officially a TV junkie. American TV that is. i listed down all the shows i'll be watching when fall season comes around and what do you know? i have 11. ELEVEN. insane. hahaha granted some shows naman i can wait until the dvd version comes out. or can download during the hiatus or something but still.
i got my calling cards last Wednesday. wuhoo! now i just need people to pass them on to. hahaha!!
i am terribly sad at having to part with hard-earned cash to pay for phone bills. meaning: i paid some of my debt off today. huhuhu
to my snoopy cousin who writes the food blog: try La Regalade, in Pasay Road. the chef, Alain Raye is a Michelin 2-star chef. food's a bit pricey but generous servings :D and yuuuuum food :D
Posted by Jane Lu at 9:58 PM
Friday, August 8, 2008
with all the drama that went on, this week went by so fast i didn't even notice it. it's like i went to sleep on a Monday and i woke up today, on a Friday. i'm not kidding either. it went by THAT fast. today is the day we get our salaries. thank the heavens for i have no more money.
i'm so lazy, i don't wanna go to work today. it feels like such a chore (and speaking of chores i have a bunch of stuff to sort pala that i've been putting off. hay il do it tomorrow. whatev)
Posted by Jane Lu at 9:54 AM
Thursday, July 31, 2008
it just sunk in right this very minute, as i was thinking of what to blog about, that i have been employed for exactly 6 months. i started working February 1, and now it's July 31. with all the craziness in the office today, i totally forgot that i wanted to sort of celebrate this "milestone" with my officemates (sorta).
i've been thinking about what mamu said, whether we really did this to ourselves, procrastinate to the point where we're all now rushing things that should/might/could have been done by now. although i think in some ways she is right, i also think that there is simply too much to do that you can't do everything ahead of schedule. some things will have to be set aside to rush on a later date. or, i don't know. maybe we are just lazy shites who love working til the very last minute, basking in the shared tension of the mountain of unfinished work we have to dive into.
i'm dead tired. i desperately want the comforts that my mattress is offering to me. and yet i must plow on. although i could leave it off til the morning. hahaha
it is so hard to go to work and have to plink away on machines that should have seen retirement about a decade ago (i kid you not, my computer still runs on a windows '98 platform). i now totally get why jamie is rarely in the office. it is because our office equipment sucks. well, the pay sucks too but that is another issue entirely.
i have concluded that i am too tired to function. therefore, i will adjourn to the bed i am currently sitting on and shall reconvene with my tapes at 6 in the morning. here's to hoping that i wake up.
oh and yeah, before my 7th month officially starts in a minute (literally) happy 6-monthsary to me!
Friday, July 25, 2008
i'm so excited for my "day off" tomorrow. granted, it was like i had a day off today on account of i ditched work (with permission, of course) to go to ICA and help my friend Martin with his presentation thing (although all i did was provide comic relief everytime i'd forget to click for the next slide, and... well, click the mouse for the next slide. and help him not get lost. haha),but tomorrow, i will get to sleep the whole day away here at home. wuhoo! color me extra excited. :D
in other news, i officially hate red ants now. with a passion. they make my life hard. the infestation here at home is annoying. and a burden. burn in hell, red ants.
Posted by Jane Lu at 10:00 PM
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
for future reference, that wasn't how you treat women. or people, for that matter. if you want respect, you have to give it back, too. and just so we're clear, the last vestiges of respect that i had for you just flew out the window, along with any kind of hope that we could be friends.
this is just so messed up.
Posted by Jane Lu at 11:47 PM
Monday, July 21, 2008
iba talaga ang environment sa office namin. i still can't get used to it, even after more than 5 months of working here. i still get surprised by things happening here. or maybe it's because i started paying closer attention to the happenings in this office and that's why i've started getting shocked again.
so for the record, let's clear something up:
i am not looking for a boyfriend.
heck, at this point in time, i'm not even looking for a MALE friend. it only complicates things. and makes me tsismis material. i'm so sick of it.
so what if i'm close to my guy friends? it does not mean i like them that way. sheesh
and to YOU: i am not yours. you have SOMEONE ELSE. stop hitting on me. or getting all jealous because you THINK someone else is hitting on me. he isn't, but you have NO RIGHT. AT ALL. deeeezgusting.
para namang ngayon lang kayo nakakita ng babae. pft.
this is what's frustrating about a small office. people are in your face asking you/speculating about your personal life all the friggin time. like they have a right to know what goes on in it.wala akong social life. pero wag nyo kong imbentuhan ng social life. hindi ko yun kailangan. what i need to do right now is accumulate wealth so i can be rich. hahahaha
iinom na lang ulit ako. alcoholic ampucha. hahahahahahahahahaha
Posted by Jane Lu at 4:07 PM
Friday, July 18, 2008
i'm glad this week is almost over. tonight was one of the better ways to end the week.
how i wish i could keep you both and just chill, all day everyday. hahaha
work is hard when you're the bottom feeder. everything gets passed to you. especially when the person immediately above you is named ************. good friend, sucky co-worker. i honestly wish for the day when i don't have to work with you anymore.
i'm so sleepy.
Posted by Jane Lu at 10:54 PM
Friday, July 11, 2008
from aligs. hahahaha FUNFUNFUNNEEE!!
1. Click here. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
2. Click here. The last four words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
(If you want to do this again, you'll hit refresh to generate new quotes, because clicking the quotes link again will just give you the same quotes over and over again.)
3. Click here. Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4. Click here. The first ten links you end up in (minus the .coms) are your 10 song titles.
- Brad Lands
- The News
- Great Pop Supplement
- CACP (catholics against capital punishment)
- Fourth Rotor
- House of Kyle
- Wake Up Punk
- Global Exchange
- Backstreet UK
Posted by Jane Lu at 6:36 PM
Friday, June 20, 2008
i am dying very very slowly.
for the past three weeks it seems as if all i do is drink and eat and sleep.
this week alone i've had three nights of drinking sprees (mon-wed). last week i had three as well (tues, fri, sat) and the week before that, two (tues, fri).
alcohol is my only friend. hahahahahahahaha although in my defense that mon wed thing this week was really for work (absolut mango launch parties), and last tues was a birthday thing. but still.
i seem to be getting along better with all of my officemates.
i finished reading twilight this week, having bought it last sunday. i actually kinda like it! i thought the first part was a bit dragging, but it pulled through in the end, and i am looking forward to buying the next one.
i so desperately want it to be the weekend already. i am so tired, i just want to sleep til 12 in the afternoon and bum away like old times.
Posted by Jane Lu at 9:14 AM
Monday, June 9, 2008
last week was ever so fun! but now it's "back to work" for everyone, and tomorrow will be a totally different story. i keep promising to myself that i would not complain as much about work, but the weird hours will REALLY get to anyone.
i'm supposed to be writing a one-minuter today. right now. because today is the script deadline. but i am seriously not feeling ANYTHING. i'm dying here. *sigh*
Posted by Jane Lu at 5:43 PM
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
it's time for one of those random, cryptic entries!
OOOOOMG. college crush. thisclose to also being... (drumroll please): OFFICE CRUSH. i kid you not. i think God is telling me something. it's a sign. KAMI DAPAT. DAPAT MAGING KAMI. CHOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AND another OMG. WHEN WILL THIS END????! and for more, there are now TWO totally inappropriate people. what is it with me and inappropriate/ill-matched people?
oooooh... A(my officemate) and I have decided to join a gym within the office premises. it promises to be fun. that is, if we ever get off our lazy asses and actually go.
but i swear i need to lose weight. im beginning to have dimples on my face. sana maging kasing-payat ko yung tarp face ko. :(
Posted by Jane Lu at 11:23 PM
Saturday, May 10, 2008
today i was supposed to go to DOLE by 9am for a seminar on child labor. considering the fact that i got home at 2 from sofitel, and slept at around 4, i woke up an hour earlier than my alarm... 6am. i really die now. and then i get a text message from anne saying they don't need me at the DOLE thing after all. i wanted to go back to sleep, but something in my heart is stopping me from doing so, i have no idea what. still too keyed up to sleep, but too tired to do more than type away on a keyboard. i've acomplished these things so far:
- fixed the settings on my bitcomet
- died upon sight of very madugong production schedule for the month of may
- emailed various people various (very work-related) things
- panicked silently inside my heart
Posted by Jane Lu at 11:27 AM
Thursday, May 1, 2008
heartbreak songs (or sawi songs, as i'm fond of calling them) are the best to listen and sing to. there's just so much more emotion than those fruity in-love songs, so of course you (or i), as the listener, feels it THAT much more. of course there are those stand out love songs that make you feel as in love as it should, but sawi songs are THE best.
or maybe i'm just saying that cuz i'm single. and therefore bitter. HAHAHAHA
anyway, i heard this five for fighting song recently, and it's kinda old-ish but i've fallen in love with it. the melody and lyrics really haunt me for some odd reason. so here it is
DYING- Five For Fighting
I'm Dying, Dying to wake up without you, without you in my head again
I'm Dying, Dying to forget about you, that you ever lived
There's a shade come over this heart that's coping with laying down to rest
I'm Dying to live without you again
I'm Dying, Dying to find a distraction, get you away from me
I'm Dying, Dying to reach a conclusion, so that the world can see
It's the same old story of love and glory that broke before it bent
I'm Dying to live without you again
The first time you left I said goodbye
Now there's not a prayer that can survive
Dying, Dying to die just to come back so we can meet again
Dying, Dying to say what I always should have said
It's a strange emotion this but there's still hope in this
As long as there's a breath...
I'm Dying and I can't live without you again
It's a strange emotion this but there's still hope in this
As long as there's a breath...
I'm Dying and I can't live without you
I'm Dying and I can't live without you again
Posted by Jane Lu at 6:47 PM
Saturday, April 26, 2008
got this from daphne, and since i'm sort of killing time before i go off to work (yes, it's a saturday and no, i'm not just high, i really need to go to work), i will answer:
Share 8 things that your readers don’t know about you.
Then at the end you tag 8 other bloggers to keep the fun going.
– Each blogger must post these rules first.
– Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
– Bloggers who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
– At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
– Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
since i'm all about the sharing, i'm pretty sure many people would know some (if not all) of the random things i will post. but, whatever. haha
- i only started growing my hair after i graduated from grade school. my hair used to only reach my chin, and i haven't had bangs since.... even before then. mga grade 5 siguro or earlier pa. but i have bangs now. hahaha
- when i was a kid, i got spanked so hard for using astringent as shampoo, and shampooing my (then-feverish) little brother's hair. as in i REALLY lathered it on.
- no one who doesn't know me well believes me when i say i've never had a boyfriend. the reason for that still escapes me.
- i PRETTY much already "remember" the placement of keys in a keyboard, and can therefore type without looking at it thanks to months of bumming, intense boredom, and the fact that my job requires me to transcribe (relatively) fast. but if you ask me to recite them in order, i prolly won't be able to answer. i can also text without looking, which both irritates and fascinates my mother.
- have transpo, will go out. for short, kaladkarin. hahaha! also, my bro goes out more than i do, but somehow, ako yung lakwatsera sa amin.
- i've never bought jeans. or underwear. (cuz my mom does that for me)
- i love eggs (and cheese, but that's obvious), and sometimes when it's 3 in the morning and i can't sleep, i will go down to the kitchen and make myself an omelette with cheese and whatever else is in the frig'
- i haven't had a birthday party since i was a kid. prolly the last legitimate party i had was when i was 7. sure, i partied last year, but my "party" consisted of two cousins, a bro, mario party, and a whole lotta gin. which, fun but, not a PARTY party.
chelsea (imishu chelsea! let's party on justin's birthday! hahahaha)
+ whoever else. hahaha
Posted by Jane Lu at 6:04 AM
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
bora is tomorrow. pull out from office 6 am. departure 840. sana kasama ko si direk joel sa flight, cuz i hate flying alone. haha
im so excited, as this is my first time to go to bora ever (i know.) wheee!!!!
im praying for:
-- a good, no scratch that a great time
-- good fun
-- a productive trip
:D whee sana di ko malimutan ang:
Posted by Jane Lu at 8:48 PM
Sunday, April 6, 2008
highlights of the week:
Monday- shoot at Adora GB5, and then getting lost in Makati with J, my producer. so syempre, because we were stuck in a car together, major bonding.
Tuesday to Friday were office days. so major bonding of a diff kind with A over Hana Kimi and oodles of food.
Wednesday shopping with my two "girls" Tippi and Achi Denise. bought a pair of shorts, shades, and pads. happy fun day :D
Thursday was my first day at the VO room. excited/scared. but thankfully DC is kind of a pro so i didn't have to do anything except shut up and listen to him work his magic. also, first live show (for me) of TBP. now that was an experience :D
Friday- Pier One, CAV and World Music Room with some of my blockmates. the most fun i've had since Tagaytay :D and i super duper missed my blockies so whee!!! got home at 4 (which, okay, not the best idea ever) but i had fun, and i lovet. hahaha!
Saturday- spent the whole day in my room, reading, sleeping and on the Net. my kind of day :D hehehe
i can't wait for next week! wheeeeeee!!!
Posted by Jane Lu at 9:47 PM
so my dear mother is mad at me. again. it's frustrating.
and sige fine i maybe deserve it a little since i got home at 4 in the morning, but honestly, it's the first time it's happened and it will probably never happen again since:
1) goodness i'm so old and yesterday i spent the WHOLE day in bed, sleeping off the excesses of Friday night
2) i have resolved to save my money for something. like a laptop. or a camera. or a HOUSE.
3) my blockmates (bless their souls, i've missed them so much) only make plans randomly, and we will all probably not see each other until months and months after. and by then maybe we will have outgrown the party-til-the-sun-comes-up thing. or maybe not. but it's not the point.
plus she wasn't this mad when my bro got home late and it was HER money he was spending too. and he made my dad wake up to fetch him pa. JOKE BA 'TO.
but what is the deal if i choose to spend my money? it IS mine, as she so correctly points out. she tells me not to place myself in the same level as my "rich" friends. i don't, okay. stop yapping on about it. plus, as i told sarah, i WILL get over the whole spending frenzy, because honestly even i am horrified at my spending habits (don't ask). but again, lay off.
it's quiet in my part of the house. but only because my mom hasn't ventured in here to give me lectures on how i should save, have focus, grow up (which, how does one exactly grow up if you keep treating her like a child? seriously?). she has reverted to childishness and has refused to talk to me and instead gives instructions to the maid to tell me stuff. yeah, right. very mature.
she says maybe i should start living by myself. im starting to think it's a good idea. *sigh*
Posted by Jane Lu at 1:06 PM
Saturday, March 29, 2008
I'm home on a Saturday! for the first time in about a month siguro (since last week i was in Mindanao naman). i miss home. actually no, scratch that. what i really miss is the lazing around and doing nothing. hahaha finished my transcribing early. but i still have that bangko tape i've been meaning to finish. oh well. for later na lang when i get too bored. hahaha
i'm so confused right now. i feel like i stepped into an alternate universe the day i walked into the office for my first day of work. seriously. i super love my job, don't get me wrong, i'm just really confused about some things going on. i dunno. hay...
i need a life. grabe. i still don't have one.
Posted by Jane Lu at 2:19 PM
Friday, March 28, 2008
some "highlights" of my week:
- Monday beers with two of my favorite (read: dahil tatlo pa lang silang nakatrabaho ko nung mga oras na ito. hahahaha) cameramen, and new friend Bernard. my first time drinking "sa tapat"
- Tuesday interview with Lesley Mobo. famous last words:
Me: (in my mind) no shit, sir.
- Wednesday coverages. got free Kiehl's lip balm (hooray!) plus a keychain and flashdrive (1gb! and not even one month after i bought my cute imation 2gb one, too. howell) from Porsche design. and apparently my contact in Kiehl's is ICAn. and an old acquaintance. hahaha
- Thursday saw old college crush in compound. me=swooning dead girl. awakened stirrings in that place where you're supposed to have a heart. ahahahahahaha drama i know. hahaha
- also from yesterday, Lesley Mobo fashion show. wore my 2-month-old-but-never-worn white polo. officemates noticed and liked it (suffice to say i will not be wearing that again for a long time para di halata. hahaha) paired it with silver stilettos. result: dead feet. but it was a great show! loved the all-black :D too bad i didn't know anyone, not even (at first, syempre) the friggin driver OR the cameraman (my usual suspects all abandoned me pakshet) but i FINALLY got to work with a cameraman whose name doesn't start with the letter J.
omigosh. ngayon ko lang narealize. next week, April na. which means, on Monday, i can already say that i've been employed for 2 months. how time flies when you're having fun :D
Sunday, March 23, 2008
i'm back from a 4-day vacation from Mindanao, and i'm happy cuz at least, if only for a short while, i got to re-live my 'buhay baboy' days, albeit in another location :) slept at 9pm, woke at 6am, ate 630, then again at 11, then slept at 12 til 1, ate again at 2, then at 4, then at 6. rinse and repeat. hahaha! although i am now aware of the fact that my body clock has totally changed. i now wake up after 7hours of sleep, evidence of which is the fact that when i went to bed at 9, i woke up at 4. i went back to sleep after a while but seriously, 4 in the friggin morning. soooo not what i envisioned my waking hour to be, esp when i'm on vacation.
my alarm clock:
my aunt's son, paolo. as in he would wake me up when he's awake na by leaning on my bed, and when i wake up, the cutest smile would appear on his face and he would say: 'good morning!' and hug and kiss me :) so cute :D and when i'd nap, grabe, no rest for the weary talaga, he would wake me up after about 40 minutes via his toy dinosaur who would 'bite' me. yahoo. hahaha
my new favorite:
another aunt's daughter, margaret. or margie. or iyay, as they say she bears a strong resemblance to my mom :) she's the only one of the kids i really got to carry around (cuz most of them are already big- and therefore supa heavy. hahaha), or maldita and wouldn't even look at me. (like uncle marlo's kid, Jasmine, who looks like Dora the Explorer. hahaha)
in fairness to mommy, she isn't scared of flying anymore, owing to the fact that we left the house late last thursday, and had seats apart from each other. hehehe
i'm happy that i'm back home, but i also miss the chaos of being in a house filled with 10,000kids (ok fine. more like 6) screaming and chasing each other round and round and round, with a child screaming out and crying for his mommy every ten minutes. it reminds me that this generation is so different from mine, as they are more 'active' than we were at that age. (read: my cousins paolo and victorio will hug each other one minute, then start going at it like wrestling pros the next) i'm glad for the momentary change of pace, because i think it's recharged my batteries a bit. :) i definitely need to go on vacation at least once... a month. chos. hahahahaha!!!
mom and i went to church straightaway after our flight touched down today, and grabe i'm glad we went, just because we all need to be reminded of the reason we have what's called a Holy Week, and wala lang, thank You, Jesus :)
Posted by Jane Lu at 4:15 PM
Sunday, March 16, 2008
i'm not sure if people at the office think i'm some sort of "worldly" person, but honestly, the things i hear them talk about sometimes, puts me in some sort of an awkward position. i don't know if it's because they genuinely feel comfortable with each other that when someone new joins in, they forget that they don't know this person as well, or they really have set out to corrupt me further, or genuinely make me uncomfortable. in any case, they are somewhat succeeding. some of the things i hear talaga, funnily awkward na, hello are you supposed to be telling me this story? seriously??
i test-VO'ed for a plug last night for the simple reason that they were desperate. it is SOOOO weird to hear one's own voice being played back to you, honestly. hahaha if they use it, i will die from laughing too hard, but it's doubtful that they will as it is crap. hahaha
lotsa learning experiences, so little time.
i am still SO VERY SLEEPY, but for some reason, i can't sleep past 9 anymore. why o why.
i miss my YM buddies. there is no YM in the office to discourage lazy shits like me from whiling away the hours in front of the computer screen, doing absolutely nothing with their time.
i'm going to Mindanao on thursday to accompany my mom as she makes her rounds. pray for our airplane please. and my mom's heart. hahahahahaha and pray that i don't get so bored, or emaciated, from not eating anything on account of they are all friggin vegetarians there, apparently. what in tarnation will i eat now?? am so tempted to bring luncheon meat, just to piss people off. char. hahahaha but honestly speaking, am very excited, as i haven't seen many people over there in such a long time. i'm looking forward to seeing my baby cousins and niece/s and/or nephew/s, as i haven't seen some of them, ever. prolific sila doon eh. haha
Posted by Jane Lu at 10:18 AM
Friday, March 14, 2008
sarah and i had dinner tonight. in fairness, kaming dalawa lang talaga, at in fairness, natuloy kami. hahaha! it feels so nice to be able to unload a lot of things on your chest (and there are a LOT of things i need to process, for serious) to someone who's sort of going through the same things you are. or for short, to be able to talk to someone other than officemates who might gossip about you if you tell them too much.
it really hits you hard once you start climbing that age ladder after college, that life isn't at all structured. unlike school, where you have a goal imposed upon you, which is to graduate on time, in the real working world, there is no goal other than the one you impose on yourself, and sar and i are left thinking: oh, shit. what the hell are we supposed to do now? we're both sort of lost souls just floating away in our work pool, with no direction in mind, and it hits us that someday we will wake up to find a few years or so have passed and where has the time gone? but i so love that we're both just aimless wandering souls, and that i'm not alone, because frankly, the people in the office have been scaring me (and apparently the people in HER office scare sar too. haha) that i should have a set plan for myself like, right the hell now. otherwise, what am i doing, right?
i miss this blog. more next week, if i have time :) ta!
Posted by Jane Lu at 10:49 PM
Thursday, February 28, 2008
i really should be working instead of making a blog post.
or surfing the net.
or chatting with friends.
but here i am, anyway.
>hating on my work
but again, here's my list of things to look forward to:
>Ne-Yo tomorrow. maski di ko matapos tong lecheng trabaho na to aalis ako ng maaga para manood ng Ne-Yo
>brian's birthday party. kung pwede lang simulan na inuman grabe...
>i will be going to tagaytay next week. and receiving meal allowances, even though we're staying there absolutely free. hahahahahahaha
swear, this'll be the last interruption, then i won't stand up from this chair until i actually finish one frickin' tape. after which i will need to stand up to actually GET another tape. oh, joy.
Posted by Jane Lu at 10:16 PM
Monday, January 28, 2008
hi sam!!! hahahaha this playlist thing looked fun so im going to do it too!! hahaha
"Play all your tunes in one playlist, set to shuffle, and click 'next.' Title of that song is your answer no matter what."
1. If someone says "Is this okay?" you say?
Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
2. What would best describe your personality?
Sugar We're Goin Down - Fall Out Boy
3. What do you like in a guy/girl?
The Mixed Tape - Jack's Mannequin
4. How do you feel today?
SOS - Rihanna
*i died from laughing too hard. hahahahahahahahahahahaha*
5. What is your life's purpose?
6. What is your motto?
Is It Any Wonder? - Keane
7. What do your friends think of you?
Call Me Crazy - Ne-Yo Feat. Jay-Z
8. What do you think of your parents?
The Way I Do - Marcos Hernandez (????)
9. What do you think about very often?
Piece of Me - Britney Spears
10. What do you think of your bestfriend?
Don't Leave Home - Dido
11. What do you think of the person you like?
Umbrella - Rihanna
12. What is your life story?
Like A Virgin - The Cooltrane Quartet (hahahahahahahahaha omigod my ipod knows me well)
13. What do you want to be when you grow up?
How To Be Dead - Snow Patrol (wait. What?)
14. What do you think when you see the person you like?
No Promises - Shayne Ward
15. What do your parents think of you?
Question of Faith - Lighthouse Family
16. What will you dance to at your wedding?
Please Come To Boston - Babyface
17. What will they play at your funeral?
Mercy Mercy Me - Boyz II Men
18. What is your favorite hobby/interest?
If I Were You - Tamia
19. What is your biggest fear?
Paano - Freestyle
20. What is your biggest secret?
Everytime I Think Of You - Paula DeAnda
21. What song will be the title when you repost this?
Posted by Jane Lu at 6:30 PM
Sunday, January 13, 2008
fasting this week. God knows i might not survive. because i love food. hahaha! but seriously, il be fasting, and also abstaining from:the Internet. namely, blogging, and my entertainment chika-sites. so for business use lang talaga. :) so do me a favor, and help me fast! :D pray for me, and in return, i will include you in my prayers. leave me messages/text me with your prayer requests and i will pray with/for you :) sound good? haha
Posted by Jane Lu at 10:44 PM
Saturday, January 12, 2008
|What Lu Jean Ong Means|
You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow.
You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily.
Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is.
You are a very lucky person. Things just always seem to go your way.
And because you're so lucky, you don't really have a lot of worries. You just hope for the best in life.
You're sometimes a little guilty of being greedy. Spread your luck around a little to people who need it.
You are fair, honest, and logical. You are a natural leader, and people respect you.
You never give up, and you will succeed... even if it takes you a hundred tries.
You are rational enough to see every part of a problem. You are great at giving other people advice.
You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.
You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.
At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.
You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.
You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.
You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts.
You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.
You are well rounded, with a complete perspective on life.
You are solid and dependable. You are loyal, and people can count on you.
At times, you can be a bit too serious. You tend to put too much pressure on yourself.
You are deeply philosophical and thoughtful. You tend to analyze every aspect of your life.
You are intuitive, brilliant, and quite introverted. You value your time alone.
Often times, you are grumpy with other people. You don't appreciate them trying to interfere in your affairs.
3 days til the start of a new chapter :D can't wait!!!!
Posted by Jane Lu at 8:28 PM
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
it still hasn't fully sunk in yet. i keep expecting sir Henry (the hr guy) to call me and say they made a mistake. but i was at ABS kanina to have my id picture taken (which, by the way is butt-ugly), and no one told me naman na i had no right to be there so i guess i really am going to work there now! (hahaha)
my colds are (starting to) clear up now. hopefully and by the grace of God, this whole awful sickness will leave me.
will meet up with achi denise tomorrow to get my NBI clearance. hopefully hindi kami abutan ng friday :D haha
ta for now ;)
and by the way, i am currently marathon-ing gossip girl, and IMO, it does rock. a lot :D
Posted by Jane Lu at 5:44 PM
Monday, January 7, 2008
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
although my blog's been full of thanksgiving posts and things like that, allow me to do one last one to cap off the year that just passed. i'm pretty sure 2008 will be a year filled with lots of good memories, friends, loved ones, but for now, lemme say that 2007 was the best (so far). i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made my year so interesting and so unlike any other year :)
here are the memories i will take with me from last year:
- New Year's Eve/Day- also known as the Clumtards' first drinking session. and the night the drinking game was introduced. :)
- TTH lunches with Lor, who i really really absolutely missed in 2006. i'm so glad we got the chance to bond again that last sem :)
- MWFs with Sarah, moaning about how lazy we are, and how we need to finish our "practicum" while eating and checking out the latest gossip. hahaha
- Thesis- and second sem in general. yes, life wasn't all fun and pretty daisies. yes, i had a hard time. and yes, it was pretty touch-and-go for a while there, but valuable life lessons were learned. and in retrospect, im glad i had the sem i did :)
- Last week bonding sessions with the self-proclaimed "patapons"-consisting of me, evi and sarah. also known as the only things that kept me from going insane. love you guys :)
- Blue Roast- if only for the opportunity to drink up in school. HAHA! and meet up with all your friends who you may never see again :)
- Graduation- yes, we finally made it! whee!
- All the summer (and not-summer) Tagaytay outings- Apr 21-22 with the vacation barkada, May 1 with the same people but with the parents as well, May 5 with Mom and Adi's Badminton friends (made new friends there), and Aug 26 with the beloved (at walang ka-sawa sawang) vacation barkada
- Puerto Galera (May 13-14)- weather good, food good, camwhoring even better :)
- All the meet-ups with the patapons :) + ane- those "job fair", lunches, even the YM confes, convos and jilted plans made me realize that i'm still important to some peoples' lives. hahaha!
- My birthday- although almost everyone i invited couldn't make it (proof that i really CAN'T throw a party because of my jinx), 2 of my favoritest cousins managed to brave snow and hale(kidding) to make it, and it turned out to be one drunken love affair between the 4 of us (plus my bro who loves me.. i think) and the gamecube. Mario Party RULES!!!
- UAAP Men's Basketball- Finally got to see my FIRST EVER LIVE BASKETBALL GAME! hahahahaha! cheers to Evi, Sarah and Mel, my UAAP buddies :)
- mini-Solid reunions- cheers to my HS classmates and friends :)
- Halloween- where the clumtards are born. :) i love love LOVE my cousins :) let's all drink to that! hahaha!!!
- ICA Homecoming- wow, this year (2008) is the Scyons' 5th anniversary. it's been THAT long. WOW.
- A2 "Christmas Party"- at mel's house. the attendance wasn't even 1/4 of the block, but it was so fun seeing Sel and Nikki G again. and of course Mel and Evi :)
- Christmas- Party at the Ho's! lots of good memories, per usual. Bacardi Limon and the magnificence of Absolut Kurant, Planet SUN, king of the garden, soulja boy's Crank Dat (our official theme song), all the drunk-ness. WHITE ELEPHANT! good food, good family (who also happen to be friends). LOVE :)
- A2 mini-reunion- whee!!!! after ten years... 8 of us managed to come together and reunite. (hahahahaha!!) thanks for a fun night you guys :) hope there'll be many many more this year!
- New Year's Eve- with my beloved cousins and family :) i could not ask for more, really. i started and ended the year with these guys (would you believe? it's us again! who'dve thunk it? haha)
some people to thank:
- my koosins/clumtards/gretty.achidenise.tippi.adi.brian.tin.justin.aj.chris.achicarol.keith(honorarykoosin)- for all the retarded pictures, and the reasons for all the retarded pictures :) for all the fun times, and the bondings, the drunken mario parties, the sleepovers, drinking sessions, holidays, birthdays, just-any-kind-of-days :) wouldn't trade you guys for the world :)
- the patapons/sarah.evi.mel.ane- for being my shoulders to cry on, drinking sessions, the coming earlies and going home lates from school, the rides home, for the coffee, the pizza, the basketball, the food after the basketball, the bonding sessions. :)
- lor- for the easy friendship, the laughter, and the chika sessions :) and the bonding over Philo 103 :)
- vacation barkada/nix.gretty.adi.justin.josh.nicole- whoo! to more fun and laughter (and pictures!) :)
- francis, K and bradley, the best online (but also real-life) buddies ever :D
- The Post-Christmas/New Year's day/Tito Ferdie's Birthday Party :)-"hosted" by Nix/Luj/Gretchky :)
Posted by Jane Lu at 12:52 PM